A Healing Place
Help your child find hope and happiness after the loss of a loved one.
Real-world advice for caregivers of grieving children-from the founder of the nationally acclaimed, non-profit organization Kate's Club.
Kate's Club is dedicated to empowering children and teens who have lost loved ones. Based on its founder's down-to-earth philosophy on how to handle grief, A Healing Place aims to help parents cope with the realities and daily struggles grieving children face in a forthright, compassionate manner.
The book is written from Kate's own personal experiences after having lost, at the age of 12, her mother to breast cancer, as well as featuring experiences of the many families she has encountered through Kate's Club. Chapter topics include:
- Support your own grief - the first step to helping your child
- Communicate grief's complex emotions to your child on their level
- Embrace, not erase memories to provide a healthy understanding of the relationship lost
- Give your child a voice - their key to a healthy grieving
- How caregivers can be strong role models
- Handle change transitions and traditions
- Recognize the blurry line between grieving behavior and adolescence